First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a wonderful smell and sound ! ! !


RAIN ! Yes, it's finally raining -- a nice, slow, soaking rain. (Didn't I say 5 days of cloudiness - see blog below) Now if it will just last for days and days and days ---- weeks and weeks is even better. I thoroughly enjoy the smell of rain and the sound it makes falling through the tree leaves. It has cooled off so nicely, probably in the 70's. Earlier it was near 100 (I think). Don't know for sure because we were in Mesa at the temple for our stake temple day and it was over 100 there. I have all the windows open letting in the coolness and smell. We hit a good downpour driving home west of Tucson. Even have thunder and lightning. Is it silly to get excited seeing water coming down the drainpipe off the roof? Not in our dust bowl.
On the way to Mesa, while still in Tucson, we passed a newer truck with CA plates stopped near the median that was on fire -- flames wildly flying out the cab and bed and tons of black smoke. Probably had one of those plastic bed liners. Luckily for us if was on the eastbound side of the freeway.

No comments: