First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Just a teaser?

WOW, where did they come from? Clouds, I mean. And of the thunderstorm variety. When I posted earlier today, it was sunny, hot, and clear blue skies. I don't remember "chance of thunderstorms" being in the weather forecast - just a high of 109. So far, at least in the last 3 hours, the only thing we have received is extreme wind causing a brief dust storm in our yard. The clouds are still around but, alas, the dew-point temp is still too low for rain to reach the ground. The air is just too dry and any rain that may be falling evaporates before it hits the ground. We just need about 5 more days of clouds like these - heavy with moisture - to saturate the air enough that the rain will actually reach the ground.



You should have seen it 2 minutes earlier - zero visibility


As I was taking these photos, something ran past me on the porch. I turned and saw a large squirrel about 3 feet from me. It ran off before I could get a picture. Probably the same critter I photographed about 3 weeks ago. Bet it's been munching on the garden, too.

No comments: