First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Temple trip

Wednesday, October 15 ~~ When we decided to take this vacation, a visit to the Washington DC Temple was top on our list of "things to see". And what is seeing the temple without attending a session. Today was the day.


It is roughly a 30 minute drive from where we were staying depending on the ever-present traffic (unless you take a wrong exit, which, of course, I did). Monday night we took a trial drive to see it at night, and, as is typical, I didn't take my camera. Too bad, too, because near the Visitors' Center I spotted a deer grazing under a tree. Rod is not eager to see any deer anywhere ever again. (Note: I saw one today on Pomerene Road, but it was already dead) Back to the temple - It is a magnificent site at night. The session we attended was very small - only 7 sisters and 5 brethren - but uplifting as usual.
More photos here:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=18s0ijij.1j9k0qvf&x=0&h=1&y=-v03hcc&localeid=en_US

That evening we met up with Martin and Sybil again and went to dinner at a popular place near their apartment that serves Mexican food. It was good, but not spicy enough for our tastes. And this coming from a girl that, as a child, would never eat anything "foreign".

1 comment:

Chad and Kristen said...

Beautiful!!! I hope you are enjoying your trip, as much as I would!!! I'm a little jealous...it is just beautiful there....