First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rock work

Thanks to Derek, Christy, Michael, and Michelle surprising us on a Saturday about 2 weeks ago, much was accomplished with the rocks. Then Riley came with a large road grader and smoothed out the gravel. Here are photos of the workers.








Christy, Michelle and Michael laying rocks
Michael loading rocks for transport while Caitlyn thinks she will be helping.




Derek worked
very hard, too.



A much needed break. It was hard work and hot.



Rodney trying to figure out how to manuveur the skid-steer. He got pretty good at it. Michael and Derek also tried their hand at it.

Photos of the semi-finished product will be posted later.

1 comment:

manderson said...

Man, wish I was there. I miss working outside and being in the dirt. So today I'm making my own compost bin and am going to buy some worms! It made me smile to see the family pitching in to help. Home will look different when I come for Thanksgiving.