I have 90 minutes before I board the flight home so I will take advantage and begin my vacation posting.
MONDAY ~~ It should have been an omen that this trip was going to be problematic. Flight from Tucson which was scheduled to leave at 6:30 ended up delayed over an hour. Luckily our connecting flight from San Diego to Oakland was also delayed and we were able to connect with no problem. By the time we arrived, picked up the rental car and found our way, miraculously quite easily, to our hotel, it was nearly 1 AM. I finally went to bed around 2 with the sounds of a storm blowing in.
TUESDAY ~~ Royal BUMMER. Being cooped up in a so-so hotel room because of fierce winds and rain. We ventured out around noon to find a place to eat and H O P I N G we would be able to do a little sight-seeing up the coast highway. Nope!!! To treacherous driving conditions plus we really wouldn't be able to see anything. Back to the hotel. Luckily we brought the laptops and I was able to watch "Dancing with the Stars" that I missed Monday. I also watched my addiction - "Castle".
WEDNESDAY ~~ Today was great but hazy. We ventured into San Francisco across the San Rafael and Golden Gate bridges. Because we lost all of yesterday and today was scheduled to head east to Lake Tahoe, our time in SF was limited. We are not big on touring city areas but did go to Fisherman'sWharf and even splurged for a ferry tour of the bay. I was surprised that I did not get "bay"sick standing near the bow even with choppy water. Got fairly good photos of Golden Gate and Alcatraz.
On to Lake Tahoe ~~ did you know that California highway and road signage are the pits? Only occasional freeway exits have numbers and their advanced notice of where you need to turn is pretty non-existant. Take Highway 50 from Sacramento to Tahoe for example. Did you know it ends and begins 3 different times within 20 miles while going the same direction? Just wait until I let you know the frustration felt on Thursday with our trip to Yosemite. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment