Finally --- Rod is home as of 5:00 PM today with a bucket full of meds -- pain management (love that Percocet), poop-shooter control (because of the plugging-up the pain meds do), and muscle relaxing meds for those muscles attached to the ribs and shoulder.
The discharge diagnosis on the release papers states: Right scapula (shoulder blade) and scapula neck fracture, right rib fractures 3-8 (back ribs). His right arm is in a sling to help with the shoulder and upper arm pain. He really has no pain from his ribs when breathing deeply or coughing. He goes back in 7-10 days for a follow-up and until then, no work. His instuctions include "no weight bearing to the right upper extremity. No heavy lifting. Several times each day take your arm out of the sling, flex and extend your arm at the elbow in order to avoid contractures, and then replace the sling. Stay out of bed as much as possible, nap only when tired, walk around as much as possible to minimize risk of pnemonia and blood clots. No driving while on the pain meds.
When I change the dressings on his road rash, I'll try to remember to take pictures (except the one on his "cheek") so you can see some of the damage but it's looking a lot better than the first day already. His knees are the worst.
Everyone keeps asking about the deer and Rod didn't see it after hitting it. Today I went to the Highway Patrol office here in Benson to find out where his motorcycle was taken. The officer that helped me said he was the first officer on the scene so I asked him about the deer. He said it was dead on the side of the road about where Rod ran into it. Didn't ask how big it was but another officer that was helping lives in our ward so I will ask him if he saw it and how big it was.
Luckily Rod has plenty of long-term sick leave accumulated so we won't have to worry about not getting paid for the days he has to be away from work. And I will ask RS help with lunches for him while I am at work next week.
3 comments:
oh good...glad to hear he is home, and not in too much pain. I didn't realize he actually hit the deer!! OUCH!!! Well, now he can save himself a hunting trip.
aunt viki and uncle rodney, hey guys! im glad to hear that uncle rodney is doing ok thats really scary and im glad that he didnt have fatal injuries hope all is well with everyone my older son will be 10 on october 8th [taylor is 6 days older than garrett] and my younger son just turned 4 on mine and moms b-day 3 generations how exciting is that! my dad would be proud brandon has the anderson family red hair too!!!!!!!! he is such a monkey he has a very funny sense of humor sometimes i cant believe he is actually my child because of some of the stuff he does and says my mom gets a kick out of him and cant help but laugh especially when i get frustrated with him garrett has a good personality too always concerned about your feelings and very sweet and caring he always tries to make sure kaylee and katrina[tawnyas girls] are happy i wish my dad could see them i think he is getting even with me with brandon though he really is a evil child i think he is up there laughing at me and sayings paybacks tina [thanks dad i love you too] all in all i am really glad that i have them i love them more than anything else in this world and i am grateful with what i have i really dont know how my life was without kids because i cant picture my life with out them now
well i am glad uncle rodneys doing ok i love you and miss you guess
love your niece tina
oh my gosh a just read all about it how scary!! I'm glad he's home now and that he's doing ok. How lucky id he?! Will he go back to riding his motorcycle after this? Also, I've gone private so it won't show you anymore when I update my blog. I sent you an invite. Let me know if you don't get it.
Post a Comment