First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

HERE I AM !

Today was the last day of work for me -- at least until August 6 when the next school year begins. Are you kidding? School starting on August 6 in southern Arizona when the temperature is still around 110? Sure, because it's still 105 at the beginning of September and what's 5 degrees when you have playground duty? I mean, we even had 100+ temperatures this past week! I work as a paraprofessional (fancy name for teacher's aide) at St. David School with the elementary spec ed teacher. The school is about 12 miles from my home. In the morning, I worked with a little first grade boy one-on-one. He is a high-needs child which means I got to change the occasional messy diaper. He is a sweetie, though. In the afternoon, I usually worked with the SpEd teacher and groups of children with their reading. I also had playground duty so I have quite the "mormon" tan. Today I received my assignment for next year. I won't be working with by little man anymore. Because of my teaching background, they felt my "talents" would be put to better use working with groups of children rather than just one child whose learning ability is limited. This year has been interesting and challenging. I sure am looking forward to having the next two months available to spoil my grandkids.

I have been enjoying having Margo home from college this week. The house is really empty with her gone. She came to work with me on Monday and spent the whole day seeing what I do. Not much in the way of actual work, though, because of it being the last week of school. We are really proud of Margo and how she has had a succesful first year at college -- academically, emotionally, socially, and money-management wise. She is currently working 3 jobs in Flagstaff so will be staying there this summer. She will come home for about 3 weeks in July and even has a one-week job here teaching a music class for the Benson City summer recreational program where she will make some good money.

I don't want to make this first posting too long so I will at additional catchupdates this weekend. Maybe child-by-child and what they are up to. Hope you enjoy reading and I welcome any comments.

2 comments:

Chad and Kristen said...

WOO HOO!!! I am glad you took the plunge!! I look forward to learning more about you and your family, and seeing all the pictures (hint-hint) Welcome to the blog world!!!

Viki said...

Thanks. I've been playing with it all night and am feeling a bit more confident. I believe I may become addicted to this.