Emma had her summer one-on-two stay with us Monday-Thursday this week (sorry - no photos). She chose to go to R&R Pizza for her "restaurant" dinner with us. I took her to the Benson pool to swim where she made friends with some kids I know from the school where I work. Tried to go the next day but thunder/lightning storms prevented it. She was the recipient of fancy pens for journal writing and new, modest, swimwear. I took her home Thursday morning and babysat the 4 ladies while Nora worked. Isabel and Olivia were very animated and fun to play with. They are 17 1/2 months old and very intelligent. They can follow oral directions very well and even know that tantrums and hitting means a time-out (1.5 min long).
I brought Abbey back with me for her turn and will return her on Monday. This year, Gammy Aljuwani is doing Emma's school shopping and I have Abbey. Today we went to Sierra Vista to shop for school clothes. It was an adventure. She LOVED trying on the clothes and shoes. Due to budget constraints, we couldn't get everything (especially shoes) that she loved. Photos of her modeling her new outfits will follow. Tomorrow we will go to our ward's Pioneer Day Celebration with the traditional BBQ, beans, coleslaw menu. Hopefully we can get some swimming in during the afternoon if the monsoon storms stay away. Abbey wanted to make sure and stay here over Sunday so she can attend the CTR 7 Primary class. Grandma and Grandpa are the teachers!!!

Left: Tailored white button-front blouse with attached vest; black wide-leg capris. Right: Same capris with flowered square-neck tunic (She specifically wanted square-neck) Left: Another item Abbey kept reminding me she wanted was a scarf. This one is very versatile. It can be used as shown, wrapped around the neck, as a shawl, and, even wide enough to wrap around her body for a swimsuit coverup. Right: A really cute tunic with crocheted flower (worn in other pic, too) with light pink jeans. She also got a pair of blue jeans.
Right: Abbey also wanted, as she wrote on her list, a "Thirly Motern Milly" dress. For those of you not familiar with this movie that takes place in the "roaring 20's", it is basically a drop-waist dress. Sooo cute!!
And, finally, the shoes. I insisted that she get a pair
that would be safe for PE and recess.
These go great with all her outfits.





2 comments:
very very cute!!
Very cute! And I am sure you had lots of fun!
Post a Comment