plus a daughter visited us this week. Margo came down for a too brief 5 day stay. She spent yesterday afternoon-evening-today with the Tucson group before she heads back to Flagstaff later today.
On Monday we went to Tucson to get Derek's two girls for their visit with Grandma and Grandpa. Caitlyn is 5 and will start Kindergarten on the 17th. She is already reading chapter books and has VERY advanced vocabulary and thinking/reasoning skills. Danica is 2.5 and has her own unique speech. Mom reports she is doing well at learning her alphabet. Danni-Jo is quite the grandma's girl, too. We went swimming in the pool at cousin Dennis's house, per Margo's request, then, once Grandpa got home from work, went to eat at our favorite 86 Cafe. I also took Caitlyn to choose a few school outfits while Danica stayed home with Aunt Margo.
Now it's time to clean up after their (all 4 of them -- see post below) visits. I didn't bother to clean after the first two knowing it would be useless. There are lots of little dried Play-Doh pieces on the dining room floor, not to mention food crumbs and other debris throughout the house. And, the daddy-long-legs are multiplying, as usual. I never did like doing house cleaning.
NORA!!!!!! I need you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment