First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 6

Derek and family along with Michael came for the day (Michelle wasn't feeling well so stayed home to dogsit Reugger and Baretta). While Rod, Margo and I were at church, they went paintballing in the San Pedro River and we got to take Caitlyn and Danica with us to show them off. They were well-behaved during Sacrament Meeting. Then we, including Great-grandma, came home to visit with them and have a belated birthday dinner for Michael. The girls enjoyed "painting" the porch with water. My kids have fond memories of Grandma Lois letting them do this when we visited her in Salt Lake. Unfortunately I only have photos of Danica being creative. Later Waldo and Betty (Rod's Aunt and Uncle) came for a visit.
Click on this site to view photos of July 6, 2008


We have been having some decent rain the past week and now that Rod and Riley put a fence around our garden to keep the critters (except rabbits and quail) out, it is growing nicely. We have already benefitted from it eating zucchini, crooked-neck squash, peas, and, just yesterday, corn. The watermelons and cantelopes are coming along, too. The storms are taking a break for a couple of days but more is expected later in the week. That means the humidity level is very high and the swamp coolers don't work as well. We have lots of fans going to circulate the air and it helps immensely. Rod has the old air-conditioning unit we got for free up and working and it is helping dry out the air already.

2 comments:

Nora said...

I want some!

Chad and Kristen said...

Your garden looks great!!! We didn't get our started in time this year...bummer!
We do the "painting" too, the kids love it and it keeps them busy for a long time!
I'm glad you guys are keeping cool. And eat a nice buttery cob of corn with black pepoer for me!


P.S. I got the family record page in the mail, and was wondering if you needed the "christening" info, and if that is the same as a baby blessing. I know I can't believe I don't know that either.