My left foot, in a sandal,
VS
a 3/4" x 16" x 72" board
sliding off a shelf 4 ft above me
T K O
This is how it looks nearly 48 hours after the bout. I suspected early on that there were no bones are broken as I could wiggle my toes. Why spend 8 hours in an emergency room when, even if there were broken bones, nothing could be done about it (cast?) until the swelling went down in 3-4 days. My judgement seems to have been justified as I can now walk without assistance. I even stood the entire time during Primary music yesterday (I am the chorister). My biggest concern was whether a blood clot would break loose and travel to my lungs/heart/brain for a quick end to my mortality. Pain reliever of choice (and blood thinner to boot) -- Aspirin!!! It is VERY tender to touch and feels a bit numb when I do touch it and I occasionally get a slight burning pain below my big toe.
You can see in the difference in foot size.
I just hope it is completely healed by the time I go back to work on Aug. 9 where I HAVE to wear shoes and do LOTS of walking to keep up with my special-needs students.
PS - We have lots of wildlife in our field. Every morning (like 5:30 AM) I see rabbits out and about. Finally decided to get my camera took of long-distance (from inside the house looking through the window) of this fine-looking jackrabbit eating some breakfast in our front yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment