Friday Rod and I surprised Nora and family by showing up at Gale Elementary's annual before-school-starts-meet-the-teacher ice cream social. That's where Emma and Abbey attend school. We were already in Tucson for other reasons. Hard to believe the twins will be 6 months old on Thursday. They are SOOOO cute. Then yesterday we made a longer journey to Apache Junction about 20 miles east of Mesa and visited with Trevor and Tiffanie at their baby shower. We hadn't seen them in over a year. Baby Kyleigh Fae is due August 31 and I plan on making the mad dash to the hospital when the call comes that granddaughter #8 is on her way. We also got to see our future (but we already regard her as) #9 granddaughter, Alexis (Lexie) who is Tiffanie's 4-year-old daughter and she remembered us. It was a nice visit.
Because it is such a long drive and gas expense, we decided to attend the temple, too, and were able to do a sealing session that evening. When we got out of the temple at about 8:00 PM, it was still close to 100 degrees even though the sun had set a half hour prior. UGH! Then we tried out a Mexican food restaurant that several in our ward raved about for after-temple dining. Personally, we did not care for it that much -- not spicy enough. And this is from me who, as a youth, would NEVER eat anything closely resembling spicy or Mexican. And further on this subject line, Rod and I only rarely consume soda at home but indulge when eating out. But after reading the article in this link,
http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100212344&page=1
(read both pages),
I think I will stick with water from now on not wanting to risk kidney stones having already suffered the effects of gallstones -- bye-bye gall bladder. AND I already have diabetes and high blood pressure (hypertension). Especially scary were the comments on the "five-second rule" and "double-dipping" when I am known to do. It's amazing I am not dead yet.
1 comment:
Interesting article. What if you dip one end of the breadstick or carrot (for example), bite it, then dip the other, unbitten end? Huh? Huh?? These scientists really need to cover all the bases!
And as far as the five second rule goes - I like to fall back on the idea that if you're never exposed to any dirt, germs, etc, you end up with horrible allergies and no immune system to speak of. That's what I like to tell myself, anyway.... :)
Post a Comment