First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Been a while since I played Tag

Ok, Nora. Because it doesn't involve any running, I'll play Tag this time. Rod kept asking why I was taking the pictures I was taking.
I'm giving advance notice to my tagees -- Margo (Use your roommates for #8), Kristen, D, Kim, Sorry, I don't have a 5th. I don't trade blogs with that many people, or at least ones who haven't already been tagged.
RULES: You have to take a photo of each of the 10 things listed -- and you have to do it right away. No Cheating either! You can't go rearrange furniture or hide all the dirty dishes in the cupboard. And no posing your kids into doing things they should be doing, like homework or chores. Then, if you want, tag 5 of your own.
#1 Your refrigerator - no indication whether outside or inside view is required so I did both. I really like this style of fridge. We've had it about 3 years.









#2 The Laundry Room - airing out the washer after load was finished. There are cabinets and a counter in this room, too. I love my front-loading washer. Wish it had been affordable when all the kids were at home. So economical - A LOT less water, detergent and electricity.


#3 The Bathroom - again, which one? I could of done the one currently not is use and thus almost spotlessly clean, but I swallowed my guilt and did our master bath, but only part of it. We also have a garden tub which we never use. Clothes have been sorted - one pile in the sink -ready for the washer.





#4 The Closet - I'm assume you mean mine. We have a walk-in and I just photoed my half.










#5 The Kitchen Sink (and dishwasher). Clean dishes are waiting
patiently to be put away so dirty ones can take their place. With just the two of us, it takes almost a week to fill the dishwasher.




#6 Self-portrait. If my camera breaks with this one, the game ends here.
Apparently it didn't break. I'm normally not that orange but between the light over the computer table and the flash not going off, it has given me that citrus glow. At least I used the timer so I don't have that holding-the-camera-at-armslength look.

#7 Favorite room in the house - no brainer. It's the room addition I designed and Rod built about 13 years ago - our Family Room. I insisted on a wood-burning, flame-seeing, I-can-hear-sap-popping fireplace. It's great on the infrequent cold evenings. This room is perfect for setting up the eighth baby quilt I've made/am making (quilting, not tying) for granddaughter #8 due the end of this month. In the design plans we also included a 6' x 20' food storage room behind the wall with the bookcase.
In the right photo are my piano and rolltop desk. These two pieces of furniture were the first debts (other than my '76 Mustang) I incurred upon getting my first teaching job after graduating from BYU in April 1976. I started teaching 3 days after graduation.
I like lots of light but most of the original house is dark except for the south-facing dining room window (you can see it in the above photo) and each bedroom has one large window. We removed a window (notice the space above the piano?) when we built the family room. These windows face west and north. The front door is just to the left of the small bookcase. A smaller window to the left of the front door looks out onto the large porch.

#8 What are your kids doing right now? Well. . . . I don't know.
Hopefully behaving themselves. They have all flown the nest. But, the hubby was home from work so I did him. He is putting on the finishing touches to go Home Teaching. What a man !!

#9 Dream Vacation

AUSTRALIA
No need to say more.




Finally, #10 My favorite pair of shoes.
None. I only wear footwear when I have to go out and then they come off as soon as I am at home hence my shoes are usually in the kitchen. Notice the "tan" legs between the socks and capri pants white lines? That's from 9 days of half hour bus duty I have after school in the hot Arizona sun.
That's all for now.

1 comment:

Casey and Diana said...

ok so as soon as I have a chance I'll do it. Hey it was kind of nice to see some of your house since you're so far away!