Last week I was headed out the back door for work when something in a small white bucket near the door caught my eye . . . .
A BAT ! ! !
I don't know how long it had been there but when I jiggled the bucket in moved slightly. I left it there so I could show Rod. The next morning it was still alive, barely, so I gently dumped it out in the sunlight (yea, I know bats are nocturnal). Within 15 minutes it was able to fly away, squeaking. I guess it was thanking me for releasing it from its "prison".
And . . . .
Rodney planted seeds for two (2) pumpkins plants. They have taken over the entire garden!! This variety are suppose to be very good for pies.
He picked the first one yesterday ------
It weighed in at 27# ! ! !
Isn't it beautiful? Just hope it's flavorful. He says there are 4 more ripening about the same size and a lot more in various stages of growth. Guess what we will be canning/freezing this fall?
2 comments:
That is a beautiful pumpkin. So did they taste as good as they looked?
is that the one that we have-abbey
Post a Comment