First you forget names.
Then you forget faces.
Then you forget to pull up your zipper.

It's worse when you forget to pull it down!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Yes, we did have a Christmas

Christmas has come and gone. Decorations have been taken down and stored until next December. It was a very good Christmas. All 6 of our children were here along with their respective families. We called son Trevor 4 days before Christmas to see if he, girlfriend Tiffanie and their 1-year-old daughter (granddaughter #8) were going to be able to come from Mesa. He said they were planning on being here for Christmas day. I asked if he would be able to bring his oldest daughter, Tabatha, now 5, whom we have not seen since March 2007. He does not have custody of her and has had limited visitation in the past. He said he would see if it was possible. When they arrived, I got the best Christmas present. There was Tabatha. He knew when I talked with him that she would be coming but didn't tell me. He told his Dad and said not to tell me -- that he wanted to surprise me. Here is our beautiful Tabatha. It was a bit overwhelming for her, I'm sure, what with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins she had never met or didn't remember. Not to mention the grandma and grandpa she didn't remember. But she adjusted quickly what with 7 other little girl cousins running around. After about 2 hours seeing the other granddaughters calling me "Grandma" and sitting on my lap and getting hugs and kisses, she comes up to me and says, "You're MY grandma!!" What a thrill. From then on she was all hugs and kisses, too. A few more times before they left, she would come up and say, "You're MY grandma!" The last time we saw her when she was 2, we had her here for a week-long visit. I don't know if a long-lost memory of me surfaced or if she just figured it out, but I was in Grandma Heaven. Here are some more photos:

L to R: Danica, Abbey, Olivia, Tabatha, Emma holding Kyleigh, Caitlyn, Isabel

Oldest to youngest or tallest to shortest, but Olivia wasn't cooperating. We are missing one granddaughter. Alexis (Tiffanie's daughter) was with her dad. She fits between the two redheads, Caitlyn and Tabatha.

Proud grandparents of Tabatha and Kyleigh

1 comment:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

How fun! It is a rare occassion to be able to get them all in one house I am sure.