Yes, I did survive the Morgan girls. Actually, the day (last Saturday) was great. Emma and Abbey were great helpers with the twins, Isabel and Olivia. I got to Nora's at 6:45 (that's A.M.) so they could get to Mesa fairly early.
At 9:30 it was naptime for the babies. It was so cute. I hadn't told them is was naptime but Isabel went into her bedroom, got her binkie and "snuggly" off the floor and was standing by her bed waiting to be put in. She knew it was naptime and she was tired. While I and O took their morning nap, I listened to A read a book (she is in Kindergarten and suppose to read a chapter book 20 minutes a day [one of two students in K that does this due to being such good readers]) and helped E with her homework (2nd grade). It was mostly math doing double digit subtraction with regrouping. We called it "borrowing" when I was in school. Anyway, she told me a rhyme to remember when you need to "borrow". So for all you young moms with children due to come up on this math function, here it is. Write it down somewhere for quick reference (I told it to the Spec Ed and 2nd grade teachers at our school and they quickly wrote it down to use).
Example problems (please don't mind that the numbers aren't lined up correctly as I can't get them to do it):
49 More on the top,
- 28 No need to stop (to "borrow")
42 More on the floor
- 28 Go next door and get 10 more
After naps, I took them out to lunch and then to the Reid Park Zoo. This is a GREAT zoo for kids -- not too big and all types of animals. My MIL, their great-grandma, was there to help. It was a beautiful day and everyone had a good time. The polar bear was swimming, lion was roaring, monkeys swinging, elephants eating, giraffes getting upclose and personal. There is also a "cooling-off" water play area that I let the 2 older girls play in much to their delight.
After 3 hours, back home and the twins went down for a nap - Isabel eagerly, Olivia reluctantly. The rest of us crashed and watched a movie with Emma wrapped in a blanket on the couch, Abbey on my lap and great-grandma slept. The parents arrived back home around 5:00 reporting a great day for them at the temple.
Sorry, no pictures because I, can you believe, forgot to take my camera. BUT I did use Nora's so ..................................How about sending me some of them, daughter?
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun but exhausting day. Good for Nora and Billy to get out on their own.
Post a Comment